Thursday, April 30, 2009

There's No Rain on a Sun Porch!

We've been so busy and on the go for so long, that I wasn't sure what to do with ourselves today. It was raining, so that knocked out spending the day outside. Veronica's Fifths Disease rash was still visible, so that knocked out going around other kids to play. The kids have discovered the sun porch though, so I started the day out there. Amazingly, they did not ask once to watch television until 5 pm.


We spent the majority of the morning on the porch coloring, playing memory, playing musical instruments and reading books. As long as I stayed in there with them, they sat quietly and read to themselves for a half hour!





I left them alone out there a few times - only to be told to "go away" upon returning. Once they were pretending to pour each other drinks. Another time, I caught them in the papasan, leaning over and talking to a lantern, "I'll have a diet coke, some milk, and chocolate. And chocolate. OK? That's all." I'm pretty sure they were in the drive through. I tried to video some of it. If I can ever figure out how to post it, I'll put it here.



By lunchtime, Veronica was certain we should be eating with Daddy. I distracted them by letting them drink water out of "big cups." (Cups without lids.) Veronica has mastered this fairly well. Thomas didn't bat and eye today and did it for the first time like an old pro!

Shortly after lunch, Veronica told me she needed to go eat with Daddy. We called Daddy to see what his day would be like and arranged dinner plans. To our surprise, Daddy came home for dinner and spent the rest of the evening playing with us! If you could only hear the squeals of delight that resonated when Daddy appeared on the doorstep. (I think only dogs could hear Veronica's squeals.)

No comments: