Sunday, April 19, 2009

Surprise!

Gayla threw a surprise baby shower for Amy. Brad, of course, was a co-conspirator. Even the great-grandmas were in on it - hiding to the last second.


Because I have the most supportive, loving husband in the world who supports my creativity and hair-brained ideas despite my disorganization, I was able to make the cake. Strawberry-pecan-coconut with ladybugs on top!



There were some fun games - with some teamwork to win!





The twins napped at home and were able to arrive in time to see presents opened and eat some cake.




Gayla had asked Madeline and Julia what they would buy for the baby without telling them there was a surprise coming. That way, they were able to give Amy (and baby) the gifts they wanted to!





When all was said and done, we provided our own post-party, party. The twins were, of course, thrilled to be spending time with Madeline and Julia - and the feeling seemed to be mutual.


Amy seemed to be waning well after the kids had forgotten they were probably hungry for dinner, so Judson, Gayla, Dave and I took all the kids to dinner at O'Charley's. Mac and Cheese all around! Thomas was the one to finish his mac & cheese. Veronica seemed to have stopped, so I asked if I could give some of hers to Thomas. She said "no," and as he hadn't asked for any, I let it go. I turned around a few minutes later to find Veronica stretching across the table to put some of hers on his plate.

There was lots of singing (Julia knows "Give me the Beat Boys!") and giggling. Veronica and Thomas have started commanding, "Come here, everybody!" They made sure everyone in the restaurant could here them, looking into the kitchen, behind them, and all around. Madeline went over to them a few times, but there seemed to be nothing to say after that. Maybe they were waiting for everybody to come.

No comments: