Friday, May 1, 2009

I'll have four toddlers, with a burger on the side.

We went to Gymnastics Unlimited again today since it was raining. My friend Jennifer brought her twins along too. We've never gotten the kids together before and in a gym that size I don't think they noticed each other until after lunch.

Usually, the kids have been scattered all over the gym and don't pay attention to the one trampoline that only one kid can bounce on at a time. They like to bounce on the others that they can get on together. Today they were in love with this trampoline. We spent over a half hour there. They didn't complain about waiting or when their turn was over. No matter how many kids came and made their wait longer, they were patient. I asked over and over if they wanted to do something else and they'd just reply, "wait my turn." I was so proud of their patience and turn-taking!

After they worked up a good appetite, Jennifer and I took these four two-year-olds to Steak 'n Shake for lunch. Veronica and Thomas both said they wanted a hamburger - which surprised me as they rarely eat hamburger (and they did eat a little of it). We were complimented by another customer about how well-behaved they were. No that I think about it - we did do well to have four hungry, tired two-year olds without a single meltdown! Way to go Jennifer! Way to go kids!




Two sets of tired, two-year-old toddlers
tabled with their trapezoid hats after tumbling.
Raising twin toddlers is like a roller coaster ride.
Sometimes the only way you can handle it is to close your eyes.
**pictures compliments Casa de Flesworthy**

Last night I told Veronica that we were going to eat pizza with Kay while listening to Frank and Claude play music tonight. All day she's been expecting to see "my Kay". An hour or so before we were to see her, Kay called. Instead of cutely saying she wanted to see "my Kay" while we had Kay on the phone, Veronica said, "I want to see Frank."

The twins were very well behaved despite our pizza taking an hour to get to us. Thomas amused himself by imitating the musicians. They remember that Frank plays the saxophone. After I told them about tonight's visit last night, Thomas broke out the toy sax - totally electronic - but was blowing into it while the music played. Tonight, he took his knife and used it like a sax. Later he was taping his fingers on the table like he was playing the piano. Of course when we asked if he was doing these things, he'd stop and say, "no," and hide his hand... and then go back to it when we weren't watching.

No comments: