Since I was greeted with two happy smiles, I decided to proceed with the idea I had hatched before they awoke... We headed to the kitchen where we made brownies together. The only thing they didn't put in the bowl was the egg, but they both had to hold it before I cracked it.
Because they weren't very effective at thoroughly stirring, they were completely amazed when I took over that job... the pale powder turned dark chocolate brown... "ooo... chocolate," echoed with reverence through the kitchen.
While we were waiting for the brownies to bake we decided to try something new... Pigtails for Veronica. Both kids were impressed with this. Thomas didn't seem unhappy that he didn't get them (like the barrettes) and accepted that his hair was just too short. Veronica was interested, but protested during the process.
She went to check it out in the mirror.
We called Daddy to ask him if he could meet us for a picnic lunch and get his "surprise," was all the twins would tell him. Veronica seemed proud of her pigtails. She said "ponytails" every 2 minutes on the drive downtown.
We spotted and chased a lot of squirrels. (Actually I think it was only two squirrels, but we saw them over and over again.)



...and we finished the picnic by eating our brownies.
No comments:
Post a Comment