Friday, April 10, 2009

It ain't easy being green...

Wednesday's theme was all about living green. We started with my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. We heard a talk about how to live a greener lifestyle in your home - down to making your own cleaners!

Judson and I decided to make the day about conservation...

We went to the Statehouse to have lunch with Judson. Judson conserved some of his energy by letting Thomas do his work:



We moved on to North Vernon to spend the night with Pa and Grandma. I conserved my energy by letting Veronica tote the bags:


(What you can't see in this picture is Thomas trying to open the locked back door.
They were both quite excited to get into Grandma and Pa's house...)
Pa, Gayla, and I went to hear Robert Kennedy, Jr. speak about River Keepers and Green Living at Hanover College. Inspiring! It also opened my eyes to the fact that there are bigger answers to saving our environment available... It just takes time, money and support.

We saved on gas by using a spring-powered car at the NV City Park on Thursday:

I was the only mother at this playground - a different statistic for me. There were four dads at the playground.

No comments: