Monday, March 23, 2009

Sparkling Conversation

I'm starting to hear more intelligible conversations with the kids.

Overheard on the monitor this am...

V: Daddy! Daa... deee!!!
T: Daddy is at work.
V: I want my Daddy.
T: It's OK, Honey. It's OK, Honey.

We went to the doctor to recheck Veronica's ear and I told him about Thomas's lingering cough. Veronica cried through most of the visit. Thomas, however, was in rare form. While Veronica was being consoled, Dr. Cromer said, "Come on over here Thomas." Thomas walked straight up to Dr. Cromer and let him look in both ears and even opened his mouth so he could check out his throat! Both got a clean bill of health and Thomas even gave a, "Good-bye, Dr. Cromer" to the good doc.

We went from the doctor to pick up some things from Carolyn to deliver to MOPS on Wednesday. The whole way there Veronica kept saying, "I want to hold the baby." Evalyn, only two weeks old - and six weeks premature! I just ran in on my own to get the items, but Robert asked where the kids were. Carolyn gave the go ahead and I got the twins. Robert opened the door.

R: Hi.
T: Hi, Robert.
R: I was just finishing my lunch.
T: OK. That's good.

The kids had a great time playing together. Veronica didn't play for the first 20 minutes or so though. We finally figured out she was looking for Evalyn who was well hidden on the dining room table in her Moses basket. She had me hold her for what seemed like an eternity so she could look at the baby. (I didn't mind standing there to see the beautiful girl either, but Veronica kept squirming.) Once she seemed satisfied she ran off to play with the boys. Carolyn and I were talking in the kitchen when Carolyn noticed the dining room table was shaking a little. Veronica was climbing onto a chair so she could see Evalyn again.

We went upstairs to the playroom where the boys went to town with the train set. Veronica, however, decided to hang with the girls. She was fascinated in everything about the baby and was very patient at keeping her distance. "She has a lip like Veronica!" "That baby scunch (scrunch) her face!"

No comments: