Whew! It's been an exhausting 10 days or so. I've written about Veronica's flu. Well, it turned into a nasty cough. Saturday night it sounding like whooping cough! Fortunately, that only lasted an hour or so, but the cough stayed on and the fever started again. I had decided Sunday night that I was taking Veronica to the doc to put my mind at ease before heading to San Antonio on Thursday. Sunday, the middle of the night... Thomas had a TERRIBLE coughing spell complete with puke. For about 15 minutes Judson and I were certain we were heading to the ER. Then, he calmed down and his cough (sounded croupy) stayed, but he could breathe easier. So, Judson stayed home Monday and we all piled in to Dr. Cromer's office. Diagnoses: Croup x 2 and V with an ear infection. Antibiotics for the girl's ear, coughs to be toughed out.
Thomas continued to throw up all the way to Wednesday morning. That's when we realized it wasn't from coughing so hard. Only figures that since she had the flu the week before, he would too. He was so miserable - he could barely hold his head up. Veronica, feeling better from her antibiotics was enjoying the perks of popsicles.
Thomas continued to throw up all the way to Wednesday morning. That's when we realized it wasn't from coughing so hard. Only figures that since she had the flu the week before, he would too. He was so miserable - he could barely hold his head up. Veronica, feeling better from her antibiotics was enjoying the perks of popsicles.
Mamak was nice enough to come up Wednesday to help hold our sickly creatures. (Good thing too, as Veronica started incessantly crying for Grandma on MONDAY. Note to self - don't let Veronica go three weeks - or was it four? - without seeing Grandma.) Veronica was pretty satisfied to have Grandma there and this let my arms be totally open for Thomas who wanted only me. (When Daddy wasn't around.)
I was accepting that my role was not to be at the San Antonio wedding, but with my babies. Then, Thomas did NOT throw up and slept fairly well Wednesday night. He woke in a good mood and even asked for breakfast. When I told him I would go visit Jason and he would stay with Grandma, he smiled, waved and said, "Goodbye Mommy!" Just the cue I needed to quickly pack my bag and head to the plane...
I was accepting that my role was not to be at the San Antonio wedding, but with my babies. Then, Thomas did NOT throw up and slept fairly well Wednesday night. He woke in a good mood and even asked for breakfast. When I told him I would go visit Jason and he would stay with Grandma, he smiled, waved and said, "Goodbye Mommy!" Just the cue I needed to quickly pack my bag and head to the plane...
No comments:
Post a Comment