- I saw a little boy who looked quite familiar to me - It was my friend Kandra's son. I haven't seen her in 12 years, but recently reconnected with her on Facebook. (I found her through a friends I never knew would have known her!) I knew what her kids looked like, so I started browsing for her when I saw Logan.
- Kandra's sister, Kari, was there also - I'd gone to CYO camp with Kari in 6th grade and hadn't seen her since!!
- We also saw Kathy and her twins, Daniel and Anna. I'd met Kathy at the Greenwood Mall playground last year.
- Carol happened to have the day off, so she brought Emily along. We went to lunch afterward with Carol and Emily. Thomas and Veronica followed her through the entire restaurant, marching in a parade, and then out the door to our cars.
Of course, Veronica and Thomas had a ball running around the place. Thomas was quite the explorer today - quickly from one corner to the next, climbing on anything and everything in sight. He was hard to keep track of. Veronica was a little pensive, but certainly enjoyed jumping on the trampolines and all the area to run!


I thought that that work-out would leave them asleep in their car seats. Alas, no. Two hours of partying in their cribs later Thomas finally fell asleep, but Veronica became inconsolable. I had lots planned to get done during their nap, but I'm paralyzed when they aren't sleeping - afraid I'll disturb any chance they have of sleeping. So, by the time I got to Veronica I had nothing done - but she wrapped her arms around me nice and tight. I went straight to the lounge chair and we both sat quietly for about 15 minutes - until she fell asleep. We both slept a good hour. I'm so glad God made me rest and spend time holding my little girl.
The rest of the afternoon was spent finding treasures. Thomas went through the house exploring. Veronica got a "map" (tissue) to use with her elephant to find her treasure.
The evening was spent with quality Daddy time while Mommy went out with "My Kay" (as Veronica says) to hear some great live music. Kay's really been introducing me to some quality musicians - it's quite the life she leads, hobnobbing with these folk. I'm glad to meet them as the pianist I got to spend some time talking to tonight, David Meeks, gives piano lessons. I really do think they'll be interested in that down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment