Everything happened in convenient timing as I was supposed to go to a viewing of my friend, Andy's father. Carolyn was going to watch the kids for me but we didn't want to pass it to Robert. Fortunately Judson had a lighter day and was able to spend some quality couch/movie time with the kids.
Veronica would beg and beg for something to drink, "please, please!" Pitiful and heartbreaking - but we knew she couldn't keep it down. She was even asking for macaroni and cheese. Well, how do you explain to one two year old that she can't eat but we'll feed her brother? Before I left for the viewing, I pulled Thomas into the kitchen and explained that Veronica was sick and her tummy can't have any food or drink. I showed him a cup of water and some crackers on the counter. I asked him to not mention food in front of Veronica as it would make her very sad. I told him he was to just come in and help himself, but to keep it in the kitchen so Sissy couldn't see him. I got home during nap time. Judson said he was able to hold Veronica the entire time and that Thomas never asked for anything. He would simply disappear for a few minutes for a snack and then return to watch more TV. (That boy knows how to watch TV! A good thing when we are trying to take care of V!)
Today, Veronica was still "spilling." She is so cuddly and wants to be held. Thomas is concerned about her. He will come over occasionally and pat her - and cuddle with both of us. He seems extra patient as if he understands.
Toward the end of the night. Veronica wanted more than TV. She insisted on painting. Good to see some spark in her!
No comments:
Post a Comment