Monday, March 2, 2009

Exercise. Lounge.

This morning I told the twins they could exercise in front of the TV with me. I went to put some work-out clothes on and returned to find Veronica lounging on the couch eating a box of Teddy Grahams. My kind of exercise!

I explained that we only eat at the table and she cheerfully put the box on the table, hopped back onto the couch and Thomas joined her. They watched me for about 2 whole minutes before I ended up being a human jungle gym for both of them. Pilates is not easy to do this way. I switched to some bridges with them on my belly and some sidelying leg abduction. They are heavier than I remember - I haven't been using them as weights regularly enough to gain strength proportionately to their weight gain!

We had some special markers today - so special Thomas decided he needed to carry them around the house - against the rules. Especially since these were NON WASHABLE Curious George roller stamping markers. When he wouldn't put the marker away, I took it from him. He got incredibly worked up. He's teething some molars, so I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I went to get him some ibuprofen. Got the first drop in - while he was still screaming - and as Veronica says, he "spilled his medicine." All over himself, me, and the floor. Once I got it all cleaned up, however, he was back to jumping around the house - those are some powerful emotions!



Veronica and Thomas had not had the fortune in their whole lives of meeting our friend Amber yet. Amber had spent a lot of their lives doing volunteer work in South Africa. They warmed right up to her! (They seem to do this with my friends - I must have great taste! That, and I'm really lucky to have such wonderful friends.) Amber had brought her laptop to show me pictures of her experiences. While I cleaned the table, the kids were treated to pictures of Amber's "new" dog. He was soon a hit and I'm certain we will hear more about him for days.


No comments: