At some point I ran inside to put some dinner in the microwave. As I headed back to the door, Veronica was on the inside of the back door and Thomas was on the outside.
T: Bye! See you later.
T: It's nice to see you! See you later!
We got a bath in tonight. Bathing is not bad. They like baths. When I mention taking a bath, Veronica perks right up and tells me she wants to watch Thomas take a bath. She refuses to get undressed, watches Thomas for a few minutes and then wants to get in. Washing hair, on the other hand, well, they are truly terrified.
Tonight when Daddy got home, Veronica was proud to tell him that Thomas didn't cry when he got his hair washed. Shortly after this update, came another, "I cried." She did, but at least she was willing to let me do it and admitted it wasn't so bad! Progress. Baby steps, even for toddlers.
Lately when brushing their teeth, they jump on my bath-giver's kneeler and stand next to each other while Thomas to squats in rhythm to our "Brush your teeth, chh-chh-chh-chh, chh-chh-chh-chh-chh" song. Tonight, Veronica insisted, "Take our picture, Mommy!" I believe that's the first request they've ever given to have their picture taken - and there was no camera in sight to prompt this.
No comments:
Post a Comment