Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is there a Doctor in the House?

I spent the morning volunteering on a panel to answer questions for family/caregivers of persons with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). I used to work with the ALS clinic and loved the staff and the people that we would see, so it was very nice to be asked to come back.

Veronica and Thomas knew that we were heading to a party for Nora and Jason and that Madeline and Julia would be there. They also knew that Veronica would be wearing a barrette. Because it's not quite fair for one 2-year-old to wear a barrette and not the other, Thomas was satisfied with the idea that the girls would wear bows and the boys would wear ties. The twins have interested in the ties Judson wears daily. They are excited that he wears a different one every day. Thomas was excited to be wearing his first tie.

Upon returning from my morning of volunteering I was greeted this way:

Veronica: I want to see JuJu!

Thomas: I want to wear my tie!

We had a fabulous time at the reception. The whole Kring Clan was there except for Katavah and Seth. Veronica and Thomas were a little overwhelmed at first with all the people, but warmed up quickly when they saw Mama and Daddy Gayle. By then end they had the run of the entire building - dancing on a stage even.







We visited at Grandma and Grandpa's house after the reception. Thomas emerged from a bedroom with a 7 foot-long vacuum attachment and went straight to work, doctoring Grandpa & Daddy. Veronica did some follow-up to make sure he didn't miss anything.



Grandpa was able to talk to Thomas and blow air all the way to the other end. This talking "snake" amused Thomas for quite some time.

No comments: