Sunday, February 8, 2009

When Unwary Met Sally

Judson spent some quality time with the kids sans Mommy today. They hadn't seen him (except for last night briefly) since Tuesday. They were more than ready to kick me out the door. "Go to your meeting, Mommy." We told them I was going to a meeting, for fear they would want to go to church (last week was not so pleasant as T was recovering - we were frightened of V's recovery at church). After church I went out for some "me" time. The sight of them in the widows - hanging out like little monkeys - was priceless.

When I returned they were sound asleep, but Peggy and Judson were hanging out in the living room with Peggy's new rescued Border Collie, Sally. Sally is the most mild-mannered dog I've ever met. She's super sweet with all kinds of people - especially the kids. Veronica woke up a little bewildered. I took her into living room where her first words were, "Peggy's dog, Sah-wee!" She perked right up! She was able to spend a lot of quality time with Peggy and Sally while Thomas snoozed longer. I finally went in to wake Thomas so he wouldn't miss out on anything. He was a little annoyed. However, he also perked up as soon as he saw Sally.


Because is was an incredibly beautiful day - and we had a sweet, sweet pup - we took a walk.



Thomas spotting a plane overhead.
Helping Peggy with Sally's leash.

The walk was slow, but incredibly fun! Now, I am at Starbucks, enjoying some more time (Thanks, Judson) while my kids are snoozing like the little angels they are.

No comments: