Sunday, February 15, 2009

God Bless Blue's Ears

At church today, Thomas was very interested in the song book. He would hold it up to me and say, "That says song." He would move his finger along with the words on the page. While others were singing, we would sing along with Jingle Bells. While others weren't singing, he'd sing "Holy, Holy."

After Mass we were talking outside to some parishioners. Thomas was standing directly next to, but with his back to, Veronica. He started yelling, "Sissy! Where are you Sissy?" Finally, he turned around and exclaimed, "Oh! There you are, Sissy." Then he put his arm around her and talked to her about something.

Judson said that during their trip to dinner, Judson pointed out where the pumpkin patch we went to visit was. He asked if they remembered going there. "Yes," the both replied. Then he asked if they remembered what we ate on our tractor ride. "Corn," Thomas answered. That was four months ago. I think that's pretty good!

When we got home, I had to run out to get my cell phone repaired. Judson decided to give me some more "down time" as well. (I'm spoiled, I think.) The kids were excited to know they were spending the day with Daddy. (This is the only reason I didn't feel too guilty - I knew they could use some "one"-on-one time with him.) Veronica was practically pushing me out the door. Before I was ready, she would say, "Go, Mommy!" I went to give her a kiss good-bye and she pushed me away, saying, "Leave, Mommy!" I guess she was ready to not share Daddy with me. I can understand.

When all of us met back up at home at bedtime, the kids were wound up! We had a lot of fun running off the energy. At some point, Veronica found the Blue's Clues ears we bought for their birthday party and put them on. Thomas surprised us. He opened to a page that said, "Food," pointed at it and said, "that says 'food.'" Then he turned the page, pointed to the word "bathroom" and said, "that says 'bathtub.'" Veronica narrated her book from start to finish - "Knuffle Bunny Too." Her favorite line, "This is NOT my bunny," which she remembers as "NO THAT MY BUNNY!" complete with hand gestures. We have some readers on our hands!

They were still keyed up when we finally started praying, but I asked Thomas to begin the prayer anyway: In the name of the...

"Fauter, Son, Horry, Spirit. Amen.
God Bless Blue's Ears, and Steve, and Joe, and Blue.
"


No comments: