****SLOW****
Slow Start
Rarity: The twins fully woke before Judson left today. He went in to try to cover them back up. Thomas asked for Judson to hold him - so, of course, Veronica asked the same. I told him to bring them into the bed to snuggle with me. They were both devastated. Long after he was gone, they were both crying for him. I did get Veronica redirected eventually by discussing Sally. (See yesterday's blog.)
After a lunch with Carolyn and Robert we pulled into our drive and Veronica and Thomas were certain Daddy should be home. Quite disappointed he wasn't. After their nap, the temperature had finally warmed up to the close to 60 degree weather the forecast had promised. We went out for a drive in our cars. Those sporty cars clocked a whopping .4 mph!! (That's a decimal point before the 4...) Yes, it took us one hour to go around the block. We had a good trip though. Saw several neighbors and plenty of dogs. It turned into a dog hunt after a while. They didn't want to go in after that exhilarating ride, so we played outside until it was dark and I was cold. (I wasn't popular to suggest dinner, but they took me up on it anyway.)

****FAST****
We settled in for another fun bath. Mommy was not paying close enough attention though to figure out who changed the mood. (Although it was most likely Veronica from her reactions.) Let's do the math:
(2 kids + 2gether in the tub) x 2 years = 2 long 2 avoid #2
Yes, it was time for a BM. And that's not a bath movement.
Of course they had put almost every toy in the tub tonight. I evacuated everyone and everything. While I was cleaning the tub, Thomas proceeded to urinate on the rug. Until tonight if he had to go while he was in the tub, he would ask to be put on the potty. (sigh) Finally, I got back to the business of cleaning the kids. Some bubbles lured them back. Thomas made "snowmen" out them (and destroyed them) while Veronica tried to make her "little" accident up to Thomas by scrubbing him down with the bubbles. That then led to yet another lesson on anatomy - since we have two differing examples on hand.

After the bath, I really didn't want to deal with robes so I suggested getting straight into our jammies so we could read. Veronica wasn't on the same page, but Thomas tried to persuade her. "Time for jammies, Honey." Well, we ran around in our robes -and then nude - and then finally got the jammies on. Just as we were about to head to bed, things sped up even more - Daddy came home. The kids saw him from the window, hopped off the couch. "Let's go see Dad!" Thomas exclaimed. (Dad?) They beat me to the door where Judson realized it was locked. "Sorry, Dad, " he apologized. They had a great time recapping the day with him before we finally put them down.
No comments:
Post a Comment