Between Thomas's illness the week prior and all the snow keeping us in, I figured it would be great for the kids as well.
They really got along beautifully. The only problem was Veronica spiked a fever in the middle of it all. I knew something was up as she was not playing, just clinging to me (which made making lunch for 7 harder). I thought I was only trying to be a good friend but hopefully she hung on to me enough that she didn't pass it to our friends!
Veronica knew we were supposed to go to my parents tonight. She also knew it was after lunch. Before lunch I gave her a little Ibuprofen. After she had some food in her system she really perked up. As soon as she was finished eating, though, she went straight for her jacket. She put one arm in herself and then proceeded to attempt to zip up the jacket herself. Once she was in (with a little help). She practically kicked all our guests out. "I want to go to Gwamma's house." This was her mantra for about 20 minutes while we finished our visits, cleaned up lunch and loaded cars.
Gwamma (that's the first it's come out that way) was glad to be able to hold our little sickie while Mommy got a massage. Of course things only perked up more when Pa got home! We also had the pleasure of hosting a visit to our friend Jill. They had a great time showing off for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment