Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swimsuit Edition

Woke to both kids holding their babies. Thomas had his swaddled. The five of us (Veronica, Thomas, Amy, Andy, and myself) snuggled for a good while on the couch. (I love those mornings!)

We were going to go to the Y, but I decided to get creative with a photo shoot (will post that on Saturday as not to spoil a Valentine surprise). That took more time than I planned, so we invited our neighbor Dodie and her dog Reilly for a walk. GORGEOUS weather - dreary day but we didn't need coats! After a little speedier trip around the block (a dog is motivating), we played outside again. The kids requested to eat lunch on the picnic table, so I was more than happy to oblige.

More slow "drives" through the neighborhood after the nap. Note to self: Don't assume the kids will "drive" their cars fast enough to get dinner out of the oven.

On our way out this afternoon, Thomas paused to look at the mail on our porch. I heard a squeal, "Oh! What's this?!" He was staring at the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Large photo: Skimpy Bikini. Small inset title/photo: "Bikini or Nothing"/gal covering up her topless chest with her arm. I suppose that means nature vs. nurture?

No comments: