Monday, February 2, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

"Sissy. Sissy. Wake up, Sissy!"

Ah, Thomas is getting back to himself. That was the first sign of life out of the two of them.

The morning went alright. I think I'm going to have to slowly wean them from the TV. They got quite used to it was Thomas was sick. We did have some great playtime with the train set in the morning though. Thomas fell asleep at the table during lunch - he's still got some endurance to regain. That gave Veronica and myself some time to read and play together. She even got to wave at the mailman and was quite interested in where he was going next. Even more interested when it was our neighbors!

After we all took our long-overdue naps, we spent some more time without TV! Hooray - it may go easier than I though (I just doomed myself, I know). More trains. A lot of play just the two of them - between the two of them! I heard them once while they were pushing their strollers:

T, holding a bag: "My camera is in this bag. Let's take a picture."
V: "My phone is in that bag!"

I'm glad they are watching stuff I enjoy, when we do these TV marathons though. They are addicted to Mary Poppins now. (They even say it with Bert's cockney accent!) They beg for the puppets (Muppets) but complain that the larger, monsterish Muppets are scary. They got over their fear today and enjoyed Steve Martin and Carol Burnett with the Muppets.

I must say, however, I'm almost all supercalifragilisticexpialidocioused out.

No comments: