Friday, May 15, 2009

Samuel

And it came to pass, when the time was come about, that Hannah conceived, and bore a son; and she called him Samuel: "because I have asked him of the Lord." -1Samuel 1:20

A dear friend of mine, who has also struggled with infertility, gave birth to a son a week ago today. He was 20 weeks gestation. They named him Samuel for the verse above.

My heart is heavy for them.

Those of you who read this blog, please pray for this family: mother, father, three-year-old sister, and an aunt who recently lost a child as well.

Julianne & David, please welcome your new playmate, Samuel.

2 comments:

Flesworthy said...

My heart breaks whenever I hear of another family experiencing loss. May my Samuel (& Emilie) welcome him, too.

emilyjane said...

I'm so sorry to read such sad news! I will be praying for them!