Monday, May 4, 2009

A Little Lovin'

I've been doing volunteer graphic design work for Bags2Riches, a fundraising off-shoot for Trusted Mentors, for the past couple years. Today they had an organizational meeting. These meetings are held at Immanuel United Church of Christ as they have hosted Trusted Mentors for the past 5 years. Carolyn got me involved in this when she knew I liked fiddling with design. And, I've grown to love it and hope to expand on it. This location has worked out well for us as it has a church nursery with oodles of toys across the hall from our meeting room. Robert, Veronica and Thomas play very nicely over there and it's easy to check on them. I'll be sad when they move from this location -it's imminent as their recent not-for-profit title means they need to get their own place.

For the first hour or more of the meeting, we didn't see them except when they'd play near the door. Then, Veronica started coming in. She was interested in Jeri using the dry-erase board and us taking notes. Eventually she crawled up in my lap and took over my note taking. I'm pretty sure she was trying to get involved in the conversation as well! Robert noticed Veronica had left Amy, her doll, in the playroom, so he was sweet enough to bring it to her. Then, he started bringing in a parade of dolls for her. Each time Robert was in the meeting room, we could hear Thomas calling for him, "Raaaaaaaw-bert, where aaaaaaaaaaaaare you?"

After the meeting we went to a local diner and before melt-downs, Veronica and Thomas were pretty lovey-dovey:



No comments: