I ran inside to stick some left-overs in the microwave. When I came out, the kids had found a way to share the single roofed car we have.

I'm not sure how they came to this conclusion, but they were quite satisfied with it - even if it meant the car was too heavy for them to propel themselves. When Judson got home they did the same thing. Veronica was to be in the trunk this time. They "went" several places: the store to buy cookies, the gas station, etc. At one point Thomas got in the car and said, "Sorry, hon." We're not sure what he was sorry for, but Judson and I still think we apologize too much to each other for no reason.
On Sunday, while Mom and Dad were up, Judson and I ran to the store to buy a hand-held shower head. Washing the kids hair is exhausting, as they make me feel like I am truly causing them pain. Thomas's lip quivers, Veronica screams... However, they love baths, as long as I promise not to wash their hair. Mom and Dad talked it up, telling the kids we went to get a surprise for the shower. Judson installed it that night after they went to bed and the past two days I've had them in the bathroom when I shower showing them how cool the new head is. They think it's exciting and stick their hands under the spray. I've been having them practice looking at the ceiling and talking about how with the new surprise for the shower their eyes won't get wet and it will be FUN! (They would never look up with a cup - must be instinct to look down. Thomas used to lay down and let me rinse his hair, but no more.) Last night, I was having them practice looking up like they were in the shower. Thomas was sitting on Judson's lap. He took Judson's face in his hands and guided Judson's face toward the ceiling. "Like this, Daddy. You can do it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment