Sunday, May 24, 2009

Into the Woods

We discovered that my brothers, their wives and friends were all camping at the county park up the road from my parents' home. As Judson gave me a day out with Anita and Carolyn yesterday, I decided that a day at the park with my family was a good excuse to leave him to his own devices.

We packed up for a car nap on the trip. When we reached town, there was a lot of discussion in the back seat about some police cars that were seen. Then, I heard Thomas say, "That's too bad. That's just too bad, Sissy." The only reply I got when I asked what was too bad was a round of giggles from the two of them - laughing at a pair of sunglasses that fell off the console when I stopped the car. I guess whatever it was wasn't that bad.

There was a lot of excitement when we entered the park. "Look, Sissy! Trees!!!" "Big Trees!!!" "Wow!" "Oh, a forest!"

We were greeted at the campsite by tents. The twins were quite interested in the tour Thad & Paula gave them of the tent. Thomas's comment upon entering the tent: "This is a great idea!"


We had a little time to get acclimated and relax before our first trip into the woods.




Thomas walked onto the first path and said, "The woods. I love this!" Then, he took to being our trail guide. He talked through the entire trail. "This is a hill. We are going this way. Be careful!" After each water break back at the campsite, Thomas requested another walk in the woods. We took about 4 hikes. One ended with finding a frog that they played with for a long time.


Veronica requested to be carried for most of the hikes, but she liked them overall.



No comments: