Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Carnival

I had the privilege of being a part of the downtown, Redeemer MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group this school year. A bunch of fabulous women with kids Veronica and Thomas's age. It's been good for me to talk to some adults. We met twice a month - one meeting was usually a craft, the other informative, always with good food and great company. The kids have enjoyed Moppettes, the childcare. Last year, I had to spend most of my time with them in Moppettes. By the end of this year, however, they were excited to go. It's been great for all of us.

Today was the last meeting of the school year, so it combined moms and kids into a carnival. They got slushies, balloon animals, faces painted and played games. And I finally got to see the kids everyone talks about at these meetings!

Veronica fishing

Thomas and Kasey playing Twister

1 comment:

emilyjane said...

Looks like so much fun!