We'll start the Mother's Day weekend recap with Friday. Chloe, Debi, and Deanna came for a visit. Because we hadn't seen Chloe since her 4th birthday, we celebrated it on our own. We had a gift and a cake. I didn't realize I didn't have candles until I was getting ready to serve the cake, so we had a little math lesson before we presented her a cake with two number 2 candles on it.
After lunch, we had some craft time. I had bought some flower pots to make Mother's Day gifts with. My intent was to put the kids hand prints on them with a cute little verse about hand-made or hand grown or something. However, I painted Thomas's hand 5 times (and cleaned the pot 5 times) before I gave up because they didn't look like hands with each print - and because they were itching to paint. Veronica followed Chloe's lead and worked on the rim of the pot first. Thomas, however, decided painting his hand was much, much cooler - so that's what he did. Occasionally, he would hold his hand out for me so I could spin the pot around in his hand so we could say it was "hand-painted!"


Saturday we headed south. Grandma & Pa watched the kids while we went to Madison Shawe to see their production of Les Miserables. My cousin Harlan did a fantastic job as Marius. It was an amazing performance for a small school who used most of their 7-12th grade student body to pull it off in the gymnasium. I almost forgot I was in the gym - except that my backside wasn't too happy with the metal seats.
Sunday we went to church with Mama and Daddy Gayle. The church was almost more packed than I've seen it on Christmas. Following the service we headed to their home to visit before meeting up with Gayla, Dave, Jason, & Vera at the Pines. We sat in the very back of the establishment, so every time someone left for the buffet, it was like they disappeared. "Where'd (fill in the blank) go?" Veronica would ask every time.


After lunch, we had some craft time. I had bought some flower pots to make Mother's Day gifts with. My intent was to put the kids hand prints on them with a cute little verse about hand-made or hand grown or something. However, I painted Thomas's hand 5 times (and cleaned the pot 5 times) before I gave up because they didn't look like hands with each print - and because they were itching to paint. Veronica followed Chloe's lead and worked on the rim of the pot first. Thomas, however, decided painting his hand was much, much cooler - so that's what he did. Occasionally, he would hold his hand out for me so I could spin the pot around in his hand so we could say it was "hand-painted!"
Saturday we headed south. Grandma & Pa watched the kids while we went to Madison Shawe to see their production of Les Miserables. My cousin Harlan did a fantastic job as Marius. It was an amazing performance for a small school who used most of their 7-12th grade student body to pull it off in the gymnasium. I almost forgot I was in the gym - except that my backside wasn't too happy with the metal seats.
Sunday we went to church with Mama and Daddy Gayle. The church was almost more packed than I've seen it on Christmas. Following the service we headed to their home to visit before meeting up with Gayla, Dave, Jason, & Vera at the Pines. We sat in the very back of the establishment, so every time someone left for the buffet, it was like they disappeared. "Where'd (fill in the blank) go?" Veronica would ask every time.
As Danny and Dawn had made it to North Vernon, we decided to stop off back at Grandma & Pa's on our way home. Thomas got a lesson it "tee" ball from a guy with a flower behind his ear. Danny also played the role of exterminator by offing a few carpenter bees with a tennis racket.
No comments:
Post a Comment