I awoke to this conversation on the monitor:
V: It was scary at night and Mommy hold me.
T: Oh, that's good.
Last night was the first of the Mommy-save-me-I'm-scared-to-sleep nights. There was a big, bright, flashy, noisy storm. As the kids can't keep many things in one piece - including the window shade, the lightning seemed to bother Veronica. Thomas slept through it all. I went in to Veronica's complaints of "that scare me." I covered the window up with a dark sheet, but was summoned in later. I held her in the recliner and she went directly back to sleep. I miss that cuddling where they are so comfy they sleep on your chest. Ah, it was a peaceful storm.
3 comments:
I'm glad you got your cuddles in. That's one nice thing about storms I guess.
Admittedly, I hate for my girls to be scared - but I do love to comfort them!
Post a Comment