Thursday, January 22, 2009

What have we here?

Instead of waking to the monitor sounding off, "Mommy, Mommy!" or "Whaaaa!" or "I want OUT!" This morning was a Veronica pleasantly thinking out loud, "I want to watch Frosty." She said this a few times, and then Thomas broke out into his famous rendition of "Frosty the Snowman." It was too sweet and too fun - I had to start the day by turning on .... Frosty. We watched it together and then Thomas did something he has never done. He requested we sing a song together. Usually it's a marathon of requests for me to sing something (or a request for me not to sing at all). He sang the entire alphabet with me! We went onto a breakfast that demanded cheese - not just cheese - but three cheeses later we had the right cheese.

Mid-morning we met Mak at the Children's Museum. The only thing that took us so long to get there was that neither suddenly barefoot child would tell me where they'd put their socks. Despite that, we had a great day at the museum. We rode the carousel three times. Thomas even named his white horse Frosty. The second time we got in line, we were behind my old college friend, Brandi and her 3 kids. We were able to enjoy lunch with them.


Mak took the kids home while I went to an appointment. When I turned home, I cranked up the computer to show Grandma the latest pictures we'd taken. After looking at many photos of Isaac, Chloe and Robert, Thomas crossed his arms and asked with indignation, "Where Thomas?" We were soon to find enough pictures of him for his liking. The next time we came to a picture of Chloe, Thomas told us, "Chloe cute."

Just before bedtime, both twins were sitting with their own books on my lap. Veronica was reading me nursery rhymes while Thomas would open to each page of his book and ask, "Have here?" Then he would proceed ask what each person on the page was doing. This was pretty interesting to Veronica as well. Thomas took an affinity toward the doctor, while Veronica was smitten with the skier.

No comments: