Thomas's fever was down (with the help of Tylenol). I could feel us all getting a little stir-crazy. I asked if they wanted to go out in the snow. They were both interested. However, as I got T bundled first, he had time to rethink his gloves as I got V ready. This started the tears. He didn't want to stay inside though. So, I got them to the porch and realized Thomas wanted to be held outside. Well, if Thomas wants to be held, who else do you think wants to be held? I didn't think I could carry them both with all their padding (snowsuits) and snow just below my knees. (I've dropped them enough for goodness sake!)
To make matters worse, I had told Thomas that we could try to build Frosty (the Snowman). The snow wouldn't pack AND Thomas assumed we would SEE Frosty. "I want a see Frosty," through icicle tears.
Veronica was willing to let me pull her on the sled about 4 feet while Thomas watched. They both wanted to "walk." I was about to find out this translation: you walk, Mommy, while you carry us. Both of them were screaming, so I took them to the porch where they screamed louder because they didn't want to go inside... but they still didn't want to walk on their own. By the time I had Veronica's coat off, she decided she needed to ride in the stroller. Thomas agreed. I ran to the car and got out the stroller. Thomas still made it known that this was not as good as me carrying him, but it seemed to foot the bill. I walked about three times on the sidewalk in front of the three houses my neighbor had so kindly snow blown. Then, Thomas wanted to be held again.
Realizing I couldn't make them happy, I gave up and took them inside. Thomas then told me he wanted to sled with sissy. I was spent. So much for the snow.

By lunchtime T's temp was just registering and I could tell from his temperament that he still didn't feel well. I took him to the doctor in the afternoon. Judson was so kind as to take the afternoon off so that I could take Thomas alone. Thomas just kept telling me he wanted to see Sissy. The doc told me it was the worst throat he'd seen all week. We went home and saw Daddy and Veronica waiting in the window for Thomas. Such a beautiful sight! We had a lot of waving interaction between the house and the car before we went in. Judson said Veronica was concerned as to when Thomas would come back soon.
I finally reheated the lasagna I'd made earlier in the week. Veronica was pretty pleased with it, but yet again, Thomas wasn't feelin' it. I decided to pull out ice cream for dinner. It was a hit! "Dewishes, Mommy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment