Today Barak Obama was inagurated as the 44th President of the United States. I tried to watch some of the coverage on TV this morning. The twins settled down a little to let me watch a little after we cleared up the confusion: We were watching the Inaguration of the President. We were not opening the presents.I posted a comment about this cute interpretation. This was Judson's reply:
I like to think that we're all "opening a present" today: a better future for not only these two precious kiddos but the entire nation, as well. One way or another, the new president has it right: Americans have always shone brightest in the darkest of circumstances. I love you, Christen--and Veronica--and Thomas.
Paula had a death in her family and the funeral was here. So, despite the circumstances, we were treated to a visit from Thad and Paula. I didn't tell the twins they were coming in case they weren't able to see them. However, as fate would have it, they were wound up from Daddy's later arrival home and still awake when Thad and Paula arrived. Veronica was the first to notice them on the porch and let out a shrill squeal. Thomas hopped up and started running back and
forth. They were super-wound-up! Thomas bounced all over the couple while Veronica ran back
and forth between Mommy and Daddy. We think she was trying to sneak past Thad and Paula who were on the couch. After some time, they decided to bring most of their stuffed animals to Thad and Paula...
No comments:
Post a Comment