Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birdie Daddy!

Today was Judson's birthday, but also the first-day-back-to-work-after-the-holiday-and-before-session. So, I wasn't surprised to find out he was extremely busy and wouldn't have time to lunch with us. I baked a cake and took it to him. It seemed to brighten his day. He smiled and took us for a grand tour of the State House (or at least the offices of co-workers). We left him behind to work while we skipped over to the mall for a quick bite and brought him back something.

After work, we decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner. I've never seen the kids quite so excited about food. And believe me, they do get excited about food. They squealed when the hostess brought their high chairs over; made happy comments about all the food being delivered to tables around us; cried "MILK!" when their drinks appeared. They were psyched to get their own plate with some salad on it - and even more thrilled to see spaghetti come their way. All in all a great night!

No comments: