Today, Thomas was pointing at me with his fingers crossed. He's been doing it all morning. I've never seen him cross his fingers before. It was the middle and index finger on his left hand.
It reminds me that I haven't seen Veronica cross her fingers in a long time. She used to constantly have ALL of her fingers crossed!
They were playing very nicely together, so I thought I could sneak in a shower. Thomas came to the shower with my cell phone to tell me he was talking to Daddy. Not long later I heard the home phone ring. Veronica had answered it and brought it to me in the shower. Judson called to make sure everything was OK as he didn't know what was going on when Thomas answered the phone, passed the phone to Veronica, and then got it back.
During today's "nap" I heard a lot of singing. I finally went in when the tone changed and both were trying to climb out of the cribs. Two hours into this "nap" they were talking to each other about baby astronauts. (Daddy takes them on flights off the changing table after zipping up their astronaut suits (PJs).) So all that talk made me nervous, but it died down a little when I started hearing about astronaut bears. They got along for the 2 - 2.5 hours they were in there together, but alas, no sleep for Veronica. She sat and read the Hungry Caterpillar with me about 10 times before she had to go check on Thomas. A little later we heard him wake up and I heard a delighted squeal from Veronica, who knew she could go check on him.
It was quite the exciting bath - trains were made, teapots poured, A LOT of laughter!
It reminds me that I haven't seen Veronica cross her fingers in a long time. She used to constantly have ALL of her fingers crossed!
They were playing very nicely together, so I thought I could sneak in a shower. Thomas came to the shower with my cell phone to tell me he was talking to Daddy. Not long later I heard the home phone ring. Veronica had answered it and brought it to me in the shower. Judson called to make sure everything was OK as he didn't know what was going on when Thomas answered the phone, passed the phone to Veronica, and then got it back.
During today's "nap" I heard a lot of singing. I finally went in when the tone changed and both were trying to climb out of the cribs. Two hours into this "nap" they were talking to each other about baby astronauts. (Daddy takes them on flights off the changing table after zipping up their astronaut suits (PJs).) So all that talk made me nervous, but it died down a little when I started hearing about astronaut bears. They got along for the 2 - 2.5 hours they were in there together, but alas, no sleep for Veronica. She sat and read the Hungry Caterpillar with me about 10 times before she had to go check on Thomas. A little later we heard him wake up and I heard a delighted squeal from Veronica, who knew she could go check on him.
It was quite the exciting bath - trains were made, teapots poured, A LOT of laughter!
All was quiet by 8:30 pm... first time in weeks. aahhh...
No comments:
Post a Comment