Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Letter of the Day

For the first time today we worked on writing letters. Thomas let me write 'T' hand-over-hand with him. In fact, he requested we do it over and over. Veronica was interested, but too independent to let me help her. She colored the insides of the letters.


Next thing I know, I hear Thomas reciting, "Down and across - I did it!" Sure enough he'd made a "'T'... "for me!" he said.




The first letter Thomas wrote himself... T.



Veronica let me show her how to make a 'V'. She even let me do a little physical guiding. And she made a 'V' with minimal to no help!



Veronica's first letter... V.

When Daddy got home, we gave him a big surprise... Thomas wrote T after T for him - by himself! He did one in every color he could. Veronica was happy to show off her letter "coloring" - staying independent! She does a great job staying inside the lines of the letters.

1 comment:

littletoesandcheerios said...

First time visiting your blog and this actually made me tear up a little thinking how proud and excited you all must have been!