Saturday, October 3, 2009

Don't Quote Me on This...

Here are some random twinisms...

Both: "That's not better!" (When we don't do what they want to their satisfaction.)

Thomas: Yesterday = any day before today

Veronica: Last day = yesterday

Thomas throws "kind of" into everything... "It's kind of like it's blue. It is blue."

Veronica likes to start sentences, "Actually..."

Thomas: "My favorite is blue." He needs to wear blue, eat out a blue bowl, have the blue crayon. He now even says his name starts with "blue" (and for months, he's said it started with 'T'.) In fact, I have made him a Peter Pan costume. When he saw Veronica's Tinkerbell costume, he insisted he was to be Wendy. Why? "Because she's blue."

The other day we were at Mamak & Pa's... The twins were in the basement. I overheard Veronica saying to Thomas, "You stay here and I'm going with the other Mommies, OK?"

Veronica the other night: "Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs eat you."

And, to wrap things up, it's amazing how many quotes they do from their favorite shows:




  • They squeal when I put toothpaste on their toothbrushes - just like when Mary Poppins pours medicine into Jane & Michael's spoons and it comes out in different colors.

  • For a long time they've needed their handy, dandy notebooks. (Blue's Clues)

  • "Calling all super-readers!" (Super Why)

  • Thomas looks for super-letters and puts them into his super-duper computer. (Super Why)

  • "Let's give him an Andy's room welcome" Thomas just says on a whim. (Toy Story)

  • When jumping over, off of, or into something, they have several phrases: "Blue Skiddoo, we can too!" (Blue's Clues); "Let's jump into the picture." (Mary Poppins); and "To infinity and beyond!" (Toy Story)

  • We made a video of them acting through "To infinity and beyond." They've enjoyed watching it on the computer. Now, Veronica even quotes herself from the video (below). She'll just look at us and smile and say, "Veronica said, 'I can hold onto that.'"
Note how it takes Veronica several attempts to actually jump. I started taping because she was actually explaining to me, over and over, that when she got 'big like Thomas' she could jump off the top one - but for now, she'd jump off the bottom step.

No comments: