Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Talk

Our first Thanksgiving feast of the holiday was had at Mama and Daddy Gayle's home. Aunt Nana and Uncle Dave put together a delicious feast!! When the meal was over, the twins sat on Aunt Nana's lap to investigate the leftovers while Daddy & Mama were deep in conversation.







Veronica really loved the "strawberries." [cranberries] She had multiple helpings during the meal. Afterward, she sat on Aunt Nana's lap and let her face hover over the bowl... inhaling and viewing, viewing and inhaling. It seemed so appealing I thought I should give it a try, but I didn't think she'd share.

Thomas, on the other hand, was interested in trying "strawberries," but was quick to notice that they were not strawberries when they hit his tongue. He preferred the Jello salad. He really got into the whole holiday craze, too -- He asked Uncle Dave for "piece of turkey" for almost three hours solid.






After Thomas finished the Kring turkey, we had no option but to go find more at Mak's house. It's like the sermon on the mount there... a tiny 3 bedroom house somehow fits 50 people and their potluck surprises year after year. I think Veronica and Thomas had a good time their as well because I never heard a word from them! The after-party was great too. Thomas and Dawn collaborated with their artistic skills while Veronica helped Mamak give Danny a "back" rub.



No comments: