Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blessings

I have a deep respect for Veterans. I have several relatives who are Veterans. Today I found a new reason to appreciate Veterans. It is Veterans' Day and I am STILL sick. I've been making it through day-to-day for the last week. Saturday was a huge break because Judson took the twins out all day so I could rest. Today (Tuesday) he had off and did the same. (Hence, my appreciation for Veterans... and of course my husband who looks after us all so well.)

Judson took them out in the morning and brought them back for their nap. (I napped through the entire time!) When they woke, Judson gathered them up and was going to whisk them away so I could continue to rest, but they wanted to come into the bedroom and say good-bye. While they were taking their turns giving me hugs, Thomas noticed the picture of Julianne and David that I keep on my nightstand. He said, "Kiss Day an JuJan! Kiss Day an JuJan." I handed him the picture and he kissed both babies very sweetly, seem satisfied and left.

In a way, Julianne and David are the Veterans of our immediate family. They fought the battle that won Veronica and Thomas a safer pregnancy - and thus their beautiful lives. We know what they did for our family was difficult and honorable and we cannot thank them enough.

What a blessing to have all my children know and love each other - even if they cannot physically be together.

No comments: