Friday, July 23, 2010

School kids

We had decided not to send them to preschool until they were four. Then, Veronica shows major interest in going, all their friends are, and I'm working. I could get another half day of work in a week while they enjoyed school (and I'm really impressed with the teacher they'd have). I'm still torn though. They are so young! But, it's only two half-days a week. Oh, how I hate decisions!

I decided to send them to Summer Adventure Program for two days where they went to Vacation Bible School to see if it made my decision any easier. The program lasted until 1, so they got to take their lunches which THRILLED them both. New lunch boxes that they helped me pack. They were so proud of them.

Veronica grinned from ear to ear the whole way there and you could feel her excitement. Thomas took it all in stride. When we arrived, Veronica was completely stoic and Thomas said he wanted me to stay, but didn't cry. When I picked them up, Thomas didn't want to leave! Their favorite activity was "jumping jacks". The second day, Veronica was ready to go before she was even dressed and Thomas didn't say much. When I dropped them off, Thomas clung and cried. It broke my heart. Of course, he was fine and happy to show me his art projects when I picked him up. Veronica was excited that she got to be the line leader.

I'm still not sure of the preschool decision. (Veronica is.) Please don't grow up too fast kiddos.

No comments: