Monday, July 12, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

I was awakened by a little girl telling me she was hungry and wanted to eat right away instead of snuggling in Mommy's bed. Same little girl got distracted and had to color for over a half hour before eating. She also needed Mommy to color with her.

After this little girl finished breakfast, we started to head to the playroom, when we spied a little eye peering out at us through the crack in the bedroom door. "I'm ready to find my cars," said the little boy. The three of us continued to the playroom where I had to have a split personality between squirrel, camel, Mommy, and bad guy so we could all play "people" together.

This led to playing baby - where I put words and actions to their baby dolls so they could "parent" them. This led to a dance recital and finally, a first breakfast for the boy and second breakfast for the girl.

We journeyed outside where I was to witness a little boy in his Mater underwear and reindeer antlers running laps around a little girl painting a pink snake on her easel, wearing nothing but high heels.

I painted while the kids played in the pool, which I moved to the base of the slide. The little boy told me that is was very "clever" and he was having a "fantastic day." The little girl had lots of giggles, which told me she thought the same thing.

All this and more before lunchtime... just another morning in Paradise.

No comments: