Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Washful Wednesday

My kids can splash all they want in the tub, but have anxiety about getting their hair washed. They also think the shower head is some sort of monster. When it's time to rinse their hair in the tub I give the 2 options: 1) lay back in the tub, or 2) look to the sky while a rinse their hair with a syrup bottle full of warm water. Both solutions cause mass chaos.

They randomly, while getting into the tub or taking their bath, beg me NOT to turn on the shower. I never have. They say it like it's an annoying habit I have and expect me to pick my nose in public at any second.

This morning, however, when I was finishing my shower, Veronica asked if she could get in with me. Mind you, Veronica is the one who doesn't want anyone to get to close to her in the baby pool for fear they may splash some water on her. Thomas is the one who has been dunking his head under in the pool (yet still can't handle washing his hair).

I was in a hurry to be somewhere, so I promised her we'd take one that evening. I figured she would change her mind. She didn't. She took a shower with me - and had me wash her hair.... TWICE! She was so proud of herself, she called Daddy and Thomas in four times so he could see what she was doing.

No comments: