Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kids. In. Spaaaace.

The other night while I was out, the kids insisted on wearing PJs with "no pants." (One piece pajamas). When they were babies, Judson would zip them up in these types of sleepers and then say, "Baby Astronaut, prepare for take-off!" Then he'd count down and blast them off. They'd giggle and giggle.

They found these footed sleepers - which they were thrilled that matched and said they were their astronaut suits. They were extra excited because they matched (we are very into matching the littlest details). When I went in to get them out of bed in the morning, they were covered up to their necks so they could surprise me with their suits.

While Judson and I were reminiscing the baby astronauts, we were corrected that they were now "kid astronauts."

They've also accessorized their space suits...


Today I was scheduled to work, as I often am on Saturdays. However, Judson had to go in a little to proofread some mailings. I finished as quickly as I could and Judson took them into "Daddy's Statehouse" to try to get a head start before I could pick them up. When I arrived, I walked into the foyer of the committee rooms. (Judson kept them out of the office so that his coworkers could concentrate.) To my left, was Judson alone proofreading. The other four committee rooms were dark. Then, I hear, "We're in space! We're astronauts!" Around the corner, out of the dark vastness of space came two kids zooming stuffed dogs (thanks, Lauren!) around. Veronica said excitedly, "We're astronaut dogs!" Thomas added, "Mommy this is my space puff!" (pup?)

I'd had a craft idea in my head for months. Today, being an extraordinarily high heat index, I thought would be the perfect day for an indoor craft. So, we came home and made our astronaut family. Complete with Shuttle Thomas and Shuttle Veronica, both with opening payload doors. They got a lot of mileage today!



1 comment:

Lauren and Jeff said...

That is such a cute little astronaut craft! Love it!