Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Splish Splash

My friend Emily and I have only been trying to plan a play date for the past, oh, two-and-a-half years! We finally did it today! Lily is 5 and Evan is two and they couldn't be sweeter kids. The foursome were all pretty shy (like their mothers), so it took a while but they were all saying each others names and her kids were sharing knock-knock jokes by the end of the morning.

We met at a splash park that had a playground attached, so it was the best of both worlds. My kids were shy to warm up to the water, but they eventually (especially Thomas) got over that.

Thomas enjoyed the balance beam and Veronica enjoyed pushing Thomas on this swing.



Emily is an excellent photographer and is starting her own photography business for kids... called Little Snapshots Photography. I forgot my camera, so I only had my phone. I caught her in action across the playground. (Or, as Lily informed me when Emily got her camera out, "Mommy's working now.")

No comments: