Veronica:
- Sitting in a chair, reading a book: "Omenation... Do you know what that means? A bunch of planes." what a great little teacher!
- V: "What's wrong with Thomas, Mommy?"; Me: "Oh, he's just grumpy." V: "HEY, OLD MAN!!!"
- V: "Mom, when I get bigger, can I drive?" Me: "Do you know how old you have to be to drive? Sixte-" V: "No, Mom. When I eat all the stuff, I will get bigger and bigger. Then I can drive."
- For months, V's been asking why I'm her Mommy. I just tell her that God made her for me. Today she corrected me, "No, Mommy. I painted you and God made you." She may very well be right.
- V: "I'm not getting bigger anymore." Me: " Yes, you are." V: "No, my tummy's not bigger yet, so I'm not grown up." Guess I need to work on that diet.
- V talking on the *phone*: "No, not at all. She said it. I don't know why."
- V: "Will it snow soon so we can build a snowman?"; Me: "Not for a long time. It's spring now, and..." T: " It will be in 5 minutes!"
Thomas:
- T's sticking cereal in his belly button to prove that his food goes to his belly.
- That's "durrfent." (different)
- To almost anyone who will listen… "Does anyone know who turns into Superman? Clark Kent." Or "Does anyone know who turns into Spiderman? Peter Parker."
- He likes learning thing and sharing the fact that he learned it. This is a common phrase: "I didn't know that yesterday, but I know it today."
- You'll hear him, throughout the day, quoting just about any video or book he's seen/read. Even if he's only seen it once.
- "Mommy, I want you to be a boy."
Both:
"I'm big."
1 comment:
Two things: Lovin' the new blog design ... and Veronica is definitely right.
I love reading these wordful wednesday posts. Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment