Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thomas at 3-1/2 Years Old

Thomas lives in a world of imagination. Sometimes it's hard to draw him out of it. You can hear him mumbling and catch a few words to discover what world he's in. He often doesn't know we are even here. It's amazing what he catches onto and then runs with. He repeats books, movies, funny things he sees others do – and then embellishes it for his own entertainment. Don't get me wrong, he's not always in his own world, he's good at involving others to play in that world too.


He is intrigued by superheroes: who turns into what superhero, who are the bad guys and the good guys, are they friends? He likes to play superheroes – and he even likes to fight the bad guys.


He's very interested in reading. He likes to figure out what a word starts with when he hears it. He's also been successful in sounding out a few words like banana and dad. When he reads to himself, you can hear him "sounding out words" and adding a lot of sound effects. Of course, any word that starts with T automatically spells Thomas. And speaking of the name Thomas, he believes that he and Thomas the Tank Engine are one in the same. If he sees Thomas the Train, he'll say, "That's me!" The other day I heard him tell Grandma, "When I was a little train, I used to carry passenger cars."


He is loving and overly affectionate. I hear, "I love you, mamma" often as I receive kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss…


Here are some of Thomas's favorites in his own words…

Thomas, what's your favorite color? blue

What's your favorite song? Spiderman

Who's your favorite super hero? Batman. Can you write Batman's name? B-b-b- batman. He starts with b!

What's your favorite book? Batman and Superman

What's your favorite food? Hard boiled eggs (that's what he ate last)

What's your favorite thing to do outside? Play

What's your favorite thing to do inside? I don't know… play

Who's your best friend? Buzz

What's your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Cereal

What's your favorite game? I Spy (I don't know if we've ever played this.)

What's your favorite car? Lightning (McQueen)

What's your favorite movie? Lightning

What's your favorite animal? Monkeys


How do you spell your name? tsms


What's your favorite store? Target


What's your favorite restaurant? Old MacDonald's


What do you like to eat there? Chicken

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Love the interviews, love the pictures and LOVE the new template :-) So fun!