I am so thankful we have so many fathers in our lives who have shown us, given us, and taught us about love.
We started the morning by making cards for the grandfathers. Veronica specifically wanted Calliou cards for her grandfathers. She colored them beautifully. I folded them up and asked her to sign them. "I already did," she answered, and turned the card over to show me this...

Now, we've worked on 'V' and a few other capital letters, but never her whole name. Is it just me, or do you see this too?
We traveled south and started the day visiting Pa and Veronica's Godfather, Uncle Danny, showed up too. This was wonderful! Thomas was so thrilled to show Danny his Spiderman and Superman figures - he even found an old Batman figure of Danny's to borrow. Veronica had to fill everyone in on her big girl bed.
All this diversion for the kids was wonderful because I got to go to Mass with the father of my children. I got to sit close to him and hold his hand and just feel his presence while we participated in the service. He's such a good, loving, hands-on dad, that we don't get to sit that close that often. It was lovely.


On the way home, this wonderful Daddy did something that reminded me of my Daddy. He made up an amazing, detailed, fun story to entertain the kids. Just because they asked. It started with Thomas requesting all sorts of crazy stories and I was doing my best, but I was tiring, as was my voice. Judson took over and told an elaborate library caper involving Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, Spiderman, Batman, Thomas the Train, and Doctor Doom. Thomas did not want it to end. His expressions during the story were priceless. Veronica was very interested in it... for the first 20 minutes, but then was ready for it to be over. At that point, she talked Daddy in to reaching back to hold her hand.



No comments:
Post a Comment