We decided to throw a party in North Vernon as to reduce the travel for most of the attendees. It worked that we were actually able to do it on their birthday!
We drove down yesterday in the late afternoon. Dad was waiting at the door, ready to hand us tickets to a great show. What a great birthday gift to Mommy and Daddy... a night out... with live music! The show was a Christmas special starring Brenda Williams. She was a fabulous jazz singer. Her guest star was quite a performer... Jimmy Guilford, a talented star who's career spans five decades. (http://jimmyguilford.com/) We didn't want the evening to end... so I **gasp** drank coffee. I enjoyed the company so much, it didn't matter what I was drinking!
This morning Judson caught up on some much needed sleep and I worked all morning on the cake/cupcakes. The twins didn't seem to notice as they had Mamak and Pa all to themselves!
The party began at four. We had a good time playing with Paula, Thad, Jaclyn, Mary Beth, Mama, Daddy Gayle, Mamak, Pa, Dawn, Danny, and Peggy. There were only three toddlers in the house, but with all those people crammed in there, it seemed more like12!
We at pizza before moving onto gifts. Veronica and Thomas showed off their skills, opening a few presents until... da da da da.... the digger was opened. (thanks Uncle Thad and Aunt Paula!) I guess that was all they needed as it occupied them for quite awhile!
Really, think they became overwhelmed with it all as after things slowed down they were ready to play with ALL their presents - and even open a few more.
Then... onto the cake. I brought cupcakes out before lighting the candle. Thomas was NOT about to wait for those formalities. he wanted it... NOW! So, we let him dig in while we got a second set of cupcakes out with the candles. They are naturals, I tell you. No practice whatsoever and they blew those candles right out. Thomas then returned to his precious cupcake. I think he ate 90% without hands or utensils. Veronica, on the other hand, used her spoon to savor every granule of sugar in the frosting. Blue smiles abounded!
No comments:
Post a Comment