They quickly recovered from this news when they saw the gifts under the tree. We spent a great morning playing with our toys - especially cooking with our new kitchen and using the new train set. We then watched a Frosty as a family.
After a glorious nap, the twins and I headed to Plainfield for the Kluegs' annual Euchre party. There were a lot of kids there so it was quite overwhelming at first. I told the Kluegs that I didn't want to play because I thought I would have my hands full, but they put me in anyway. Someone filled my spot until the kids were ready to play a little more independently and I had the honor of teaming up with Anita's dad. We had a really good run until the last game. All the while poor Mary, the young girl in charge of the kids, spent most of her evening carrying one twin or the other up the stairs to me. Every time she would leave, however, they would want to go back with her. She was awfully patient and this gave us all a chance to have a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment