Friday, August 6, 2010

So we have to say goodbye for the summer...

We've been wet and wild this summer. Lots of time in the backyard baby pool, splash parks, sprinklers in friends' yards. I'd the kids swimming a few times - with backup, of course. As you know my kids can't stand to have their hair washed, so why would I think I could handle two non-swimmers by myself.

Sad, but true. I can handle it. I even handled 3 of them independently today. And it's the last week of the the city pool! We went twice today to get our fill.

The first trip was with Robert and Evalyn. We splashed ourselves silly!


The second trip we returned for re-entry withour receipt by ourselves. Veronica was beside herself that she could touch. (Thomas could in most of the pools we'd been too, but she's just enough shorter that she couldn't.) Thomas actually jumped in WITHOUT having me catch him and would just go under because he could. (But he still wouldn't let me wash his hair tonight.)



The good news is that friends with neighborhood pools will still have them open. All is not lost. And, there are a few indoor pools in the city...

No comments: