Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dynamic Duo

I made sure this Sunday's comics were delivered early!


This week I watched the kids run around, each holding one end of a jump rope and heard them call each other 'Batman' and 'Robin.' They went to Hobby Lobby with me on Friday to buy some costume supplies after they nicely asked me for costumes. The rest of Friday and Saturday after work they expected the costumes to be done. So, I worked on them after they went to bed... and then slid the shirts on over their PJs. I put the masks and capes on the chair in their room. Then I cranked up the baby monitor so we could wake to:

"Hey, what's this?"

"Thomas, you're wearing Batman!"

"You're wearing Robin!!!"

"Wait a minute... We're not supposed to sleep in these."

"How'd these get on?"

"There's a cape!"


"Mommy! We're not supposed to sleep in these costumes."


I was summoned into their room to discuss why in the world they would have these costumes on. Then, we headed outside to fight crime. Robin would call, "Batman! Let's find the Bat single!" The reply, "Robin, you fight the bad guys and I'll go to the bat cage!"


These superheroes are quick on their feet...





...and tough!







No comments: