- She's always telling me who I am in our relationship, as she's always playing like someone is a baby. I was Grandma. "Mommy! You're not being Grandma." I replied that I was, I was just talking to her. "No, Mommy. Grandmas talk like this..." (gestures with her hands)
- When I ask her if I can do something, she usually gives a chipper, "Sure you can!"
- Last night we went to the Steer-In. She pushed her baby in her stroller all the way to and fro. She pushed the stroller right up to our seat. Each time she had to go to the bathroom, she would ask someone to hold Amy for her. Such a good little Mommy.
Thomas
- While watching the slide show screen saver on Thad's computer, he was making comments about the pictures, "aw... that's a cute puppy. There's Paula. Oh, she's nice." He saw a picture of himself "I love being Thomas."
- The last few days he's been telling me he doesn't want me to be a girl. He wants me to be a boy. During that slide show, he leaned in closer to me and hugged me. "Do you like being a girl? I like being a boy."
- He smiled at himself in the mirror the other day. "I'm perfect."
- He's like a commercial for Mike's Car Wash. They both love, "Elmo's house" - there's always some picture of Elmo or a stuffed animal of him in the window. When we pass one now, Thomas's script goes like this... "Mommy, you're car is so dirty! What can we do? I know, we can go to Elmo's house! Elmo's will wash it nice and clean. That would be perfect."
Some serious discussions I've heard between the two of them...
- They went back and forth over whether Mommy starts with 'M' or 'M' starts with Mommy.
- During nap time at the top of their lungs...
T: I'M A BOY!
V: I'M A GIRL!
T: I'M A BOY!
V: I'M A GIRL!
T: I'M A BOY!
V: I'M A GIRL!
T: I'M A GIRL
Giggles erupt on both sides. V gives T a little lesson and they start over. It happens again. Finally at one point after T says it correctly...
V: Great job Thomas. You did it right. That was a very good job.
No comments:
Post a Comment