- Tonight we are spending the night with Grandma & Pa. I was touched that both kids (as much as they've been begging to spend the night her the last several weeks) wanted me to read them their bedtime story. Thomas hopped into my lap and Veronica leaned into me. When it was time for prayer, Veronica asked Pa if he'd like her to hold him. She responded, "No. I'm a Mommy and mommies don't hold their grandpas." As she snuggled in a little closer to my side, I told her I'd love to hold my Pa if I could. However, I was secretly thrilled that she seems to believe no matter what she doesn't need as she grows, she will always need me.
- She's such a little Mommy. She takes care of all of us. She even insisted on scrubbing the floors for me last week! (...and she did a great job!)
- Most of the time she asks us to "button" something even if it needs to be UNbuttoned. I've been working on the terms unsnapping and unbuttoning with her. So, now she asks me to "unsnap button it."
Thomas:
- He tells me this several times a day and it doesn't get old: "You're the coziest Mommy ever!"
- "I don't have active blood, Mommy. My blood's not active. Just Spiderman - he's got radioactive blood."
- "I need to find my west-coast map!"
- "maunch-ster" = monster... there seem to be a lot of them everywhere these days.
- "Are you OK, Mommy?" He's still checking in on me since I was sick last week. "Did that green stuff make you sick?" He was fortunate enough to see my mucous, so he had a lot of questions about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment