Sunday, September 9, 2012

‘Twas Grace My Fears Relieved

This is only my 3rd week of playing at Mass at Little Flower. I honestly haven’t played much of anything in about 8 years. I haven’t played at a mass in more like 10 or 12 years. When I was pregnant with Julianne and David, I was too sick to play. Then, believing that babies hear music in utero, I felt so guilty and depressed that I never played for them. So, I just didn’t.

Well, a pregnancy later – same beginning to the story. Too sick to play. (And too worried). Then, when things settled down, if I ever tried to play, two little “musicians” would stop me by playing duets on top of me.

This week, the pre-selected song was “You are Mine.” This is THE song I immediately wanted played at Julianne and David’s funeral. This is THE song I cannot sing along with at Mass without tearing up. It’s beautiful.

So, I was nervous about playing this song at church tonight. I decided not to ask to change it. I was listening to Veronica in the bath as I got ready. I was in the other room, so she didn’t know I was listening. She was singing at the top of her lungs, The refrain was all about how much she loved me. One of the verses, however, went  "...and I love my sister and my two brothers..."

Felt all four kiddos at the piano bench with me tonight. Thanks, God.

You are Mine by David Haas

I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am near
I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name

Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am the Word that leads all to freedom
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain
Stand up, now, walk, and live

Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

No comments: