Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wordful Wednesday

Veronica
Heard from the other room… “Dangit. DANGIT! Mom, you have to come here NOW!” I asked, “Why can’t you come here?” To which she answered, “Because I said ‘dangit’, That’s why you have to come now.”
While pretending to be a puppy, Veronica told me, “My name is Gorgeous.” Think she got this from Pa, who insists his name is ‘Good-lookin?”
chicken paddle = doggie paddle                      magnastics = gymnastics
“Mom, one time I saw someone reading a book when they were eating an apple. Could I try that?”
“Mom, you forgot to turn on your bling sneegle!” (turn signal)
 “I really like this song. Do you hear that bass, Mama?”

Thomas
During prayer the other night, this came out: “Angel of God, my Guardian Dear to whom God’s love commits me beer.”
A couple weeks ago Thomas told me, “mom, my name is not ‘Thomas’ anymore. I want you to call me ‘Super Thomas’ all the time now.” The other day when I called him ‘Super Thomas’ he said, “You don’t have to call me that anymore. I really like my name. Call me ‘Thomas.’”
“I love to sing beautiful songs to girls.” (After I complimented his singing to me!)
“Mom, I know why my wrestling moves are so hurty. It’s because she (Veronica) was born first and when I came out I was so long. That gave me a lot of energy.”
hang-a-bur = hamburger
Both
After going outside, Judson returned and said, “It smells like burnt toast out there.” To which Thomas asked, “What’s bird toast?” Veronica told me,
“Mom, it smells delicious out there. Want a taste?”
We made mailboxes for outside our bedroom doors this week. They have been making each other a lot of mail. Veronica was complimenting Thomas on what he had drawn her, telling him how much she’d treasure it and what a good job he did. Thomas came out of the room and I said, “You guys are good buddies.” Thomas replied, “Yep, that’s why we LOVE being twins!”
I love how “modest” these four-year-olds can be. When complimenting them, Veronica will nonchalantly say, “I know.” Thomas will answer in an exasperated tone (as if this is the most basic piece of information everyone shoud know – I’m awesome), “I knooooooooooooooooooooooooow.” To never lose that self-confidence…
Veronica: I want to be a pony!    Thomas: But I would miss my sister.      Veronica: No, you won’t. I’ll be YOUR pony!

No comments: